
What can I say? The disappointment is pretty big here that Germany lost. No one's disappointed in the team, rather just the situation. I was talking to some pals at work, and they agreed with my analogy: It's a bit like when someone dumps you; as soon as you wake up, it's the first thing you think about. Like me, colleague Birgit was also driven to tears again last night during the news when they showed footage of the team after the game, also in tears. Sigh. It's been such a great month here in Germany; I've never seen anything like it. So much enthusiasm and pride for the country -- the Germans sorely need things like this, since it is really so out of character for them. Jürgen Klinsmann and the team have really done so much for Germany, and now we can all hope that he stays trainer.
And now, Germany is in the "little final" against Portugal, and it goes without saying that we all hope they win. And in the "big final" Italy:France? I'm putting my money on France, Z&Z Sweat Factory and the wonderful Thierry Henry. That's a spicy meat-a-ball!
No comments:
Post a Comment