Anyway, kid, it's your birthday, so you're probably wondering why I've put this picture up. Your mom was very, very pregnant with you, and it was hot and summery in NYC (or so I imagined) ... and there I was in Frankfurt, not nearly as pregnant and yet keenly interested in hearing about your arrival. Your mom was at the place where I was not (yet), but would be come December. So maybe my interest was also a little self-centered, because I was hoping to hear how easy and painless natural childbirth really is.
Ha. Ha ha ha ha.
So, on Aug. 8, my husband and I went to a soccer game with a friend of ours, and your little family was on my mind. Your mom was overdue and didn't want to be induced, so I was keeping my fingers crossed that things would get going on their own soon, soon, soon. And at this soccer game, where this picture was taken, I heard a baby cry. And I wondered ... and hoped.
And maybe it was really just a coincidence, but when we got home, we got the message that you were finally there.
And now a whole year has passed, and you're walking on your own and probably being as sassy as your name meant for you to be.
Happy birthday, Samaire! And, happy birth-day, Misty! And Sam? Well, you've got it all, don't you? You're probably holding a cool Boulevard as we speak... Much love to you all.
3 comments:
Brandi - I'm finally online and just read this and thank you thank you thank you.
Your'e the best intrawebs friend ever. Hopefully, we'll see you soon and be real life friends too. :)
xo
m
PS My birth story was hopefully good for you to hear... I'm still pro natural childbirth... :)
Yes, my fam is wonderful, my friends are the best and the bouly was cold and crisp!
Thanks!
Misty, your birth story made me very hopeful ... until I needed a c-section. :-) Seriously, I was really hoping for something swift and painful, but it just wasn't meant to be (swift, anyway).
Come to Germany soon, you three! Sam, there's so much cheap beer, it will make you fall over.
Post a Comment