Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dear Harper, coming soon!

We are down to our last full day in the States, and while I meant to be blogging the whole time, I kind of got bogged down by having fun with real people. We’ve had a grand time, and while this Florida heat is getting the best of me, I am sad to be leaving American soil tomorrow. And I will admit, when we crossed over into Missouri (which Björn now pronounces “Missourah”) on our way to the airport on Tuesday, it made me tear up. Just a little (a lot).

Harper has seen and done more over the last three weeks than Björn and I did when we were wee ones, that’s for sure. And she peed for the first time in the toilet today, making for a very special moment at this Marriott Courtyard hotel in Naples, Florida. And, dear cleaning people, that’s sun-dried tomato hummus she smeared on the bedspread. Sorry.

No comments: