Thursday, July 30, 2009

One flew into the cuckoo's nest

See? Now I actually have time to write something, yet all I can do is worry that Björn has a 100-degree fever (he never has fevers). This is where the Crazy in me gets the chance to come out and shine, because I'm all like, "Crap crap crap...pig flu pig flu pig flu..." It also means that I will probably get less sleep than usual tonight, as I will be driven by the voices in my head to check on him in the living room (where he is sleeping so that the baby doesn't get the pig flu) to make sure he's still breathing.

Oh, how I envy the sane.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Welp. See now I feel compelled to gently remind you that fevers kick ass as the body's way to heat up and knock out infection.

I suggest you wait until there are other observable symptoms, and even then remind yourself that Swine Flu has killed far, far, far fewer people than regular everybody-gets-it flu.

That said I hope he's better soon, and you can get some rest, mama.

((hugs))

Brandi said...

Thanks... the thing is, I know all that stuff. And yet. Sheesh. Anyway, he had a fever for maybe a few hours, then all was well again. And I didn't check to see if he was still alive all night! ;-)

Kristin said...

Maybe you're more adult than we are, because the last time that I checked if Piotr was breathing it was because he drank too much the night before.