So now that I have this fancy-schmancy laptop, I feel kind of obligated to do some "serious" writing while sitting here in front of the TV. But, I'll be honest: I'd rather be watching episodes of "Blossom" on You Tube (thanks, Jamie, for breaking my brain.).
In the evenings, when Harper is in bed, you'd think that I'd have time to partake in non-baby activities, like showering and lying comotose on the couch, but alas. This is the time of the evening when I'm on Harper Watch, because our baby has maybe slept through the night once since she was born. She sleeps in our bed, so it makes primetime seem edgy and dangerous, since there is nothing to keep her from falling out. Lucky for us, she can't help but make a lot of noises when she wakes up, but I still can't help but jump about five feet when she farts in her sleep. Not very conducive to unwinding. I have already nursed her three times in the past hour ... once to make her go to sleep, then twice more to put her back to sleep. And to think I used to mentally shake my head at people who did so much breastfeeding. Ha! Show's what I know.
Harper does have her own bed, attached to ours as a co-sleeper. It mainly keeps her from falling out of our bed and houses some blankets and stuffed animals. Lilly, however, has been showing a keen interest in moving in. That would be perfect, actually, since having both her and the baby in bed with us makes for quite a crowd. But I still have hopes that someday I will be able to bring myself to put Harper in her own bed to sleep at night.
If you'll excuse me, I now have some low-quality German TV to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment