Should I tell you about how the 19-year-old girl who lives below us with her mother and their 10,000 pairs of shoes came upstairs on Saturday, rang our doorbell and asked Björn to tell her just what the hell it is we do every morning that is so loud? And how Björn was all like, yeah, yeah, whatever, until I got so pissed off that I stormed to the door, baby in arm, and asked just what the hell her problem was?
I was just missing the rollers in my hair in that scene.
She's complained about us to the landlord before, but since he likes us, he didn't really say anything. And just what the hell is it that we do every morning that is so loud? Wild sex orgies? Virgin sacrifices over a bonfire? Perfecting our tapdance routine? No.
We open our closet.
Apparently she can hear it through the floor, and it is really loud. I believe her; the laminate was put down here with little thought about insulation. After I rattled off a list of things I have already done to make things quieter for them -- carpets and throw rugs, felt stickers on the legs of all chairs, no shoes allowed on in the apartment -- she started to be less bitchy. Then I felt bad for letting the angry ho in me come all out. Then, much later, I was angry at myself for feeling bad for getting angry with her.
Never a dull moment in my brain, kids!
6 comments:
Ha... We've had similar issues here. and we too have rattled off a list of all the things we've done.
In our case tho, the first bitch that ran crying to our landlord killed herself. So yeah. I'm a dick. But F her.
Really? She killed herself?
What I didn't mention is that the mother is a part-time prostitute and services men in her home. We know this when we see a pair of men's shoes in front of their door.
The best part of the conversation with the little bitch was when she repeatedly informed us that other people live in the building and that we couldn't blame everything on our kid... Which is what we like to do. Unhappy about more troops being sent to Afghanistan ... you take that complaint straight to Harper.
Ha. Yeah, apparently she had other issues, but I like to think my shoe free footsteps at 7 a.m. for the whole 10 minutes I was in our bedroom before going to the living room that has a rug AND pad under the rug was enough to push her over the edge.
It's a pre-war building people. Where the F did you think you were moving too? If you want peace and quiet, don't live in NYC!
personally, I was doing jumping jacks every morning - and I regularly throw shoes across the living room to land in a pile. Why? CAUSE IF YOU DON"T LIKE HEARING ME LIVE GO GET YO'SELF A FANCY LUXURY APARTMENT THAT ISN'T 100 YEARS OLD.
oh, yeah - and suck it downstairs neighbor with your passive aggressive-only-when-we've-been-gone-for-a-week notes.
aren't you happy we're not your neighbors? ;)
*sigh* No, I'm not. That would be awesome. But I try not to live in apartments that have other apartments above them.
lol at Harper's responsibility for Afganistan. And other things.
Post a Comment