

So, I'm apparently swimming with the hormones that make women want to bake stuff. God knows why. Maybe its the weather. Anywa
y, this morning I decided to make a loaf of bread. Actually, I had decided to make rolls, but the dough was so sticky and annoying that I decided to throw the whole mess into a loaf pan instead. Jamie Oliver makes this sort of thing look too easy. Following one of his recipes, I dumped one kilo of flour onto my rolling board job, then made space in the middle for the yeast/water soup. I have seen him do this on TV, and it just looked so easy, but I guess he doesn't have to clean up all the globs of flour that get stuck to the wood, to the counter, to the floor, to the walls... Anyway, I dumped the yeast/water into the flour volcano, and, all by itself, it made a little river and poured itself all over the counter, down the drawers (and onto my drawers, I might add) and then all over the floor. And in the middle was me, hands covered in flour slop. Björn came to the rescue and wiped up the floor and suggested I use a bowl.Whatever. In the end, it turned out OK, so now I can spend my Sunday feeling like a second-rate Martha Stewart. And, as an aside, I think I am really losing any coolness I once had. Or maybe these days its cool to bake and stuff. But if you ever catch me vacuuming the living room while wearing high heels and pearls, please sit me down and force me to read the latest issue of Ms. magazine.
2 comments:
thanks for the email, I'll be sure to use it once I get some time. Germans do seem to get a little, testy maybe, in November. It must be all of that Christmas anticipation, its making the emotions run wild.
Yeah, that, or they're just a pack of bitches. But I didn't say that. After all, I am slowly turning into one of them.
Post a Comment