Saturday, September 08, 2007

My Short Run as a "Manager"


It was fun while it lasted, having the word "manager" in my job title and not being employed by McDonald's. But that was about the only enjoyable thing about it, my stint in PR. Lesson learned: My inability to accept people telling me what to do and when to do it is stronger than first expected. So it's back to the world of chemicals for me, where I can be free to make my own decisions and can leave work at 1:30 on Friday. You have to set priorities.

Oh, and there was my natural distain for all people who take themselves too seriously and young bankers. I believe Homer said it best: "Marge, try to understand. There are two kinds of college students — jocks and nerds. As a jock, it is my duty to give nerds a hard time!" That's all well and good until you realize that you are outnumbered.

2 comments:

Russell said...

Seriously? Is it a good thing? I hope?

Brandi said...

Yes, Russell, I'm going back to selling toys painted in lead to third-world children. Yay!