Thursday, January 17, 2008

I wash myself with a rag on a stick



A foosball table has been set up at work directly outside of my office, which, in itself, is not a bad thing. The annoyance starts when the colleagues don't understand that at 1 p.m. on a Wednesday afternoon, some people have to concentrate on not losing their goddamn minds while copy-editing shoddily written articles on the advantages of using enamel pipes in chemical plants. Whatever. If I complain one more time, I fear that I will never stop having flashbacks of being a high-school nerd. Who would've thought that the high-school feeling is not a fleeting moment in time, but rather a state of mind?

Perhaps it's the weather or perhaps it's the fact that my diet only includes things from the following food groups: crunchy, chewy or liquid. Either way, I am tiiiired (I'm trying to get a Southern dialect visible here), y'all. I was thinking that the best job in the world would involve something where I would get paid to sleep. Some sort of secret military testing lab if you will. I'm not picky.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You can do it! Growing up in CO I was convinced I was going to get paid mucho dinero to work for NASA and be an astronomer. However, my uncle dashed my dream in 6th grade when he told me that not only would I not be allowed to just look at the stars (and get paid heavily) but I would, in fact, have to know something called cal-cu-lus.

Fughedaboudit.

So stay strong, sister. And if nothing else, take cat naps at your desk, which is *close* to your dream job.

Russell said...

Why not make passing the time into a game?

For example, you could see how many envelopes you could lick in an hour, then try to break that record.