Friday, January 18, 2008

The Old Man and the Crunchwrap Supreme


Well, now that it seems like two people are reading this, I suppose I should do my best to be more entertaining. We'll be taking off for the "great" state of Louisiana on Jan. 29th, and my fear of flying is being overshadowed by what can only be considered to be my really unhealthy attachment to my dog. I briefly considered dressing her up like a baby and taking her along. I would just tell people that she takes after her father.

I am, however, looking forward to visiting the vast supermarkets of the American South, filled with cheap boxes of macaroni & cheese and other weird and delicious things. In my eight years of being out of the States, so many crazy-ass products have come onto the market that I cannot wait to stuff into my mouth. Oh, and I think I'll be having Crunchwrap Supremes for breakfast everyday.

It's gets weirder and weirder each time I go back to the U.S. All the new T.V. shows and famous people on the cover of People whom I don't know. And getting used to the fact that Americans are overly, superficially nice. In Germany, what you see is pretty much what you get. Which is a pain in the ass, so I can't wait for my free refills on Dr Pepper and chips, baby. They gonna have to roll me back on that plane!

5 comments:

Jen said...

You've scarred me. That song is *not* the way to lure people to the page.

I keep waiting for it to say "we all live... in a yellow submarine". When you find that version, in English and German, let me know. Kthanks.

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

A promise of a trip to KS. I can't believe you're coming all the way here from Germany and aren't going to visit us.

Yes, she kind of does, in fact. ...Which is more evidence for my case, no?

Russell said...

Would you please remove my full name from your site? I'd prefer people NOT find me linked to this trash.

Brandi said...

Been googling yourself again, Hotmeyer? You know what the Pope has to say about things like that.

Where you at?