Monday, January 17, 2011

What happens when I’m at work…

If you believe Björn’s side of the story, Harper was singing a song all day, and he realized she was singing a beloved childhood song of mine. I will admit to having sung her this song a few months ago, but I never thought she’d remember it and try to sing it. Can’t wait until she can enunciate more … because then people will really start to wonder if they need to call the authorities.

The song? Surely you will remember it, too.

U-G-L-Y, you ain’t got no alibi

You ugly!

What what? You ugly!

M-A-M-A, how you think you got that way?

Yo’ mama!

What what? Yo’ mama!

I should also say that after Harper was born, I bough the songbook “Rise Up Singing” so I could teach Harper all sorts of folksy bits of Americana. And when my kid demands that I sing to her each night, what do I sing? Made up songs to the tune of a jingle from a bratwurst commercial.

True story.

No comments: