Saturday, August 04, 2007

Our Dog Lilly



Since it looks like it might be a while with the biological kids and all, we 've decided to start honing our skills now with a dog. And in the last two weeks I've realized that a baby is probably easier in many ways, most of them having to to with the manner in which they rid themselves of bodily waste. With babies, it all goes into the diaper. With dogs, you've got to walk their furry asses down those four flights of stairs and let them sniff their way to their favorite shitting greenery, even at 5 in the morning. I'm considering buying Pampers and cutting a hole out for the tail.

I bought her baby socks today to wear at night so the clack-clack-clacking of her claws on our laminate floors does not drive me to the brink. She actually allowed us to put the socks on her, and she really kept them on, but then we decided it was a little weird and took them off.

The good thing about dogs is that they don't grow up and realize how uncool you really are.

3 comments:

Russell said...

Brandi, you have really raised the bar on "classy" with this post.

Kudos, meine wenig zuckertorte, kudos!

Brandi said...

Oh, Cletus. You know I gotta wear the shirt what Dairy Queen give me.

Russell said...

Brandi! Someone done stoled my wheels!