Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm looking for something loose and billowy...

Well, folks, all this wild gestation has finally caught up with me. At this month's appointment, my gynocologist kindly informed me that I should "slow down" this my weight gain. Unfortunately, when she came into her office, I was sitting there, eating an apple. If my life were a sitcom, I would've said, "Sorry, I couldn't hear you. I was chewing." Roll laugh track.

Things are not out of control, but apparently I'm on the road to hip-butt-thigh ruin. I've already gained 11 kilograms, and I still have a few weeks to go. I was hoping that 15 would be the limit, but then I thought, "Why set the bar so low?" I can't say that I've been spending time sitting on the kitchen floor, eating Nutella out of the jar with my entire hand, but I have found it hard to move more than absolutely necessary during pregnancy. And I have such a deep affection for all things gummi. Luckily, my husband and friends have reassured me that I am not the tub I think I am, and all expressed surprise that the doctor said I was getting too fat too fast. Either they said it out of honesty, or out of fear that I would eat their faces if they said anything to the contrary. Björn has already promised to provide me with a rag on a stick and a drinking bird so I can work from home.

2 comments:

~m said...

Okay- this ENRAGES me. You know 30 pounds is average weight gain, right?

Ugh. Here's my take - eat, lounge, enjoy. I mean, an apple?! My doc would have probably caught me eating a Big Mac & Choc. shake. :)

Brandi said...

*Sigh* Yeah, I know. And rationally, I really do know. But there’s nothing rational about a pregnant lady, that’s for sure, so I’ve been taking this personally since my appointment on Friday. And a chocolate shake sounds damn good right now…