Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Q: What's gross?

A: The amount of hair that I am losing almost four months after Harper left my womb and took her placenta with her.

Q: What's grosser than gross?

A: Me putting a picture of the average amount of hair I lose per washing, next to one of Harper's beloved booties from Doobie aka Boobie aka Kristin. Although now that I see the picture, it kind of makes my hair loss underwhelming. Trust me; it's not. Soon I'll start selling the contents of my drain to the bald and desperate.



P.S.: Minutes before taking this picture:

Me (in the bathroom): Hey, where's my other hairball? I was collecting two so I could take a picture of them next to Harper's booties.

Björn (from the living room and sincerely apologetic): I'm sorry, I threw it away. Did you want to keep it?

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my lord! They look like tribbles from Star Trek!

Brandi said...

The bootie or my hair?

jamie said...

Ha! Both!

Jen said...

At least you have thick hair when you're not pregnant. I was in despair to see my hair going down the drain. ;)

Brandi said...

Was. Thick. My hair is much thinner now than it was before I got pregnant. I hope it stops falling out soon.

Kristin said...

It will stop soon, don't worry. Many of my friends had that happen after they gave birth- plus, you did have a lot to start, so that will tide you over until things re-equilibrate.

Pure genius with the bootie. Pure genius!