When we visited the nearby park the other day with kind-of friends of ours (that's just a whole other story), it was eye-candy galore for people like me, who can't get enough of watching women with too much time, money and Glamour magazines on their hands. To help put things into perspective, please take note:
Posh, standing in for all of the goddamn mothers in the Holzhausen Park in Frankfurt.Yes, folks, the mothers in our neighborhood style themselves the fuck up before they take their equally styled kids to the park. Hot right now? Skinny jeans, long and snug-fitting tops and Chucks. Yes, Chucks. Because nothing screams, "I AM STILL YOUNG AND VIBRANT AND I ONCE LISTENED TO A SEX PISTOLS SONG" more than a 40-year-old woman wearing designer Chucks. It's insane, y'all, and next time I will be taking pictures.
Yesterday was our next encounter with Frankfurt's finest women-who-are-married-to-really-rich-men-and-have-nothing-to-do-all-day-except-act-like-they're-really-important. Harper had a check-up at the pediatrician's, which is also not too far from the Holzhausen Park. Of course, the ladies couldn't show up in their casual park attire. The trend this spring in doctors' offices is all about riding boots, chunky George, Gina and Lucy bags and huffiness. Another long story short: Björn and I did our best to be extra nice to the staff, because they sure as hell weren't getting it anywhere else.
I do love Germany, and I have to say that the other mothers I hang out with are delightfully normal and as unmade-up as me. But it all also makes me miss Kansas so much, because I don't think so many prissy-ass snotty bitches live in that whole state as do here in my neighborhood.
5 comments:
We miss you too, but I'm thinking it's been a while since you've visited ye olde JOHNSON COUNTY. Your description of those ladies is encompasses about 30 square miles South of 119th street.
I feel your pain.
True, true. I'm from Harvey county, which (as far as I remember) is not as high class.
Thankfully, the AF sent us to SW Oklahoma to live for a while. Here, I can go out looking all sorts of wrong, and I STILL look better than most of the people at Walmart. I think you look fab, Brandi. Love your blog. Harper is gorgeous.
Hey, Jill! Thanks! It's true...those visits to Wal-Mart when I'm in the States make me feel like a movie star!
"I once listened to a Sex Pistols song"- ahahaha!! Love that.
You know, you can inject a bit of venom into your voice when you pronounce it and suddenly "Other Mothers" sounds like a right fine curse.
Post a Comment