Monday, April 06, 2009
To everthing there is a season....
So, the apple of my eye figured out how to roll onto her stomach — a most hated position for her — last week. My joy was short lived; Harper has some problems getting back onto her back. And now when we lay her on the floor, she'll automatically roll onto her stomach — and cry. And scream. Right away. I know she needs to practice this and all, but she gets so frustrated so quickly, and the crying is all "mwuh, mwuh, mwuuuuuuuuuh! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" so that I can't bear to leave her all inverted turtled like. It's almost as if she has no control over the rolling herself. I see a few complicated weeks in our future.
And now we're off for her check-up and first vaccination. Oy veh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Maire HATED being on her stomach. She learned how to roll over to her back and then for months when ever we'd put her on her stomach she'd roll over in 2.2.
Now, she's all about moving so while she can't quite crawl yet she loves to give it the old college try.
What we found she liked was putting a mirror in front of her while she was there, apparently she's quite vain a LOVES looking at herself. Distracted her for a while so she wouldn't freak out. Might work for Harper too.
Yep, I concur - the mirror is a good device - James hated being on his stomach, too! While it seemed like all the other babies relished getting down in a commando crawl, my boy would just cry. This may or may not be connected, but he was also the last one of the bunch to crawl (at 13 months!) but if you ask me, crawling is overrated. My immobile baby was a blessing, really!
She seems to have lost interest in rolling for now. I asked our doctor why she would want to roll, only to cry about it, and he said that she's not rolling on purpose. Oh well. We will try the mirror bit, though.
Rachel, have I ever asked you why you're living in the UK?
Post a Comment