Thursday, February 12, 2009

Octomom and Her Octosite — Or Eight Misbehavin'


The Octomom (I cannot stop using this term. It's brilliant!) has started a website to take in donations for her and her complete soccer team plus reserve players. Of course, I'd like to know exactly which of the many mustachioed men in white lab coats posing as pharmacists in Tijuana actually implanted 8 embryos into this woman's octowomb, because seriously, what the hell?

Internet, what do you think?

8 comments:

~m said...

OMG. I must be hormonal to the max right now because I'm finding so MANY THING TO RAGE OVER.

Hm. How not to let this have me say things I shouldn't....

This is insane. The Dr. should lose his license. I don't care who you are - having that many kids is just plain irresponsible. I mean aside from the whole over-population/consumption thing we've got going on in our world,or the families who have hit upon hard times out of their control that need help - but! those kids deserve better. I can't believe they will get the attention they need, or even the basics to live at this point.

I've been supremely disappointed in all her interviews. I was hoping she'd have some great reason for all this.Or say something that made me think, okay - not so bad.But all she says is she's an only child and always wanted to be surrounded with love.

Oh, man. There's another rant. People who have babies cause they want someone to love them.

I should stop now. And perhaps write my own blog about this, though today I was going to rant about breastfeeding.

Ugh! The drop in hormones IS STILL HAPPENING.

;)

Anonymous said...

Mandatory sterilization. Bitch needs that octouterus cut out. Harsh, yeah, 14 kids, evil. I'm now paying for them (she has two kids with "disabilities" one has ADHD and the other in her words has slight autism signs so the gov gives her $800/month. Some one with two "disabled" kids should NOT have 8 more.

I believe I hate her as much as religious zelots like Osama. Let the pandemic start with her!

... How is Maire not a raging douche, her parents are all fired up! ha

Kristin said...

I sincerely hope that this woman gets no handouts- well, obviously she'll be getting some via disability and welfare- but the thought of her managing to influence people to hand over money to assist in raising her little 'miracles' makes me livid.

As, ahem, a professional (and I use the term loosely) in the field, I can say that the IVF community is embarrassed and aghast. We may do abominable things, but we do them within the regulations of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM, or 'assram' as I like to refer to it). High order multiples (triplets or above) just make us look bad. This paragraph has been written firmly tongue in cheek.

PS. I have met women like the octomom in the course of my- ugh, career? Yes, career- and truly believe them to have a disorder, much along the same biochemical pathways as religious zealots, and other pathologies involving compulsion, mania, and loss of context. This is not tongue in cheek.

Anonymous said...

I am most concerned about her obvious plastic surgery. The trout lips and Michael Jackson nose are the icing on the cake of her really frightening life.

Poor kids.

Brandi said...

At least you can't inherit a fake nose...

Oh, and Kristin, I worry that you use the term professional loosely. You make your job sound like one of those shoot-the-clown-in-the-mouth-with-water carnival games...

Kristin said...

Goddamn it. I just typed a hilarious- and smart and witty and perfect- reply and something went wrong and now it's gone forever. It went into great, yet still fascinating, detail about the traditional embryologist vs., well me and my coworkers. It even tied in the clown theme and addressed why I don't consider myself a real professional- while reassuring all that I'm careful and conscientious. Now the world will never know...

Brandi said...

Just like how the world will never know how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie pop?

Kristin said...

Only so much worse. It was one of those times when you sit back and read over what you've written and you think, goddamn, I'm good. And then, faster than you could say 'old testament', my pride and glory was lost.