Monday, February 16, 2009

Only YOU can prevent a marriage meltdown...

If there are any two people on the planet who can turn my mild-mannered husband and me into foaming-at-the-mouth lunatics in the matter of mere minutes, then it's his parents. Björn likes to describe their general behavior as "egomaniacal ignorance." The reasons are long and probably soap opera material, and as entertaining as these stories are for those who are far, far away, it would take me ages to hash everything out here. And really, this is a happy-go-lucky kind of blog, filled with baby pictures and cuss words. And that's how it should stay, damn ass hell.

But we realize that we are no longer objective in our superficial wheeling and dealings with them, which is why we need you, dear Internet. Please take part in the poll at the left. And any other suggestions are also welcome.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I really wanted to choose the last one, because that's my personal feeling on the subject, but I went for the 'helpful alternative' vote instead.
Jeez, if they won't allow Lilly in the house, those pics of her snuggling with Harper/stealing Harper's bedding/enjoying Harper's pacifier (ok, no pic of that one...) must really rankle them.

Rachel said...

I nearly chose Husband Goes Alone, but then I remembered that being left alone with a newborn baby is not great (shower issue as well as sanity issue). Then I wanted to say Fuck Those Assholes. But there is a grandchild involved now so that makes it a bit trickier. So, I'm afraid I am left with the puzzlement, who doesn't let the dog in their house????? I like to think of them cringing when they see photos of Lilly and Harper together, as Kristin said. Ha haw! Love the Smokey The Bear pic!

Anonymous said...

Fuck 'em!

But, really, Bjorn is probably the one who should make that call, but if he doesn't tell them to Fuck off, then go the B&B route. Then you can really piss them off by being there, but constantly leaving to go back to the B&B, making you so close yet so far. It's the douchyest! Which, in this case, makes it the best.

~m said...

I mean seriously you should get a room at a b&b anyway. Plead "baby." That way you have an escape plan.

Not that I have any experience in escape plans from parents. Oh no. Never.

Brandi said...

There's so much more to this story, like how they added on to their house, turning the bedroom Björn and I always slept in into a dressing room. The only real space we would have is in the cold, damp basement. We slept down there once, at the very beginning of our relationship, and I woke up with swollen eyes and nasty cough...

I don't think it's so much the dog per se...it's more of the fight for power his parents seem to need. They are the epitome of douch bags. Sam, Björn and I are both like, "Fuck 'em!" The B&B near their place would cost us €65/night. *sigh* Why's everything gotta be hard?

Jen said...

B&B. Yes. For all the above-mentioned reasons, mostly that Sam appropriately nailed the close/far slap.

Just wait until you fully realize the power of the GRANDCHILD. Muahahaha victory will be yours eventually.

Brandi said...

When can we expect this power to come into play? Because grandchild is here, and we're still not welcome in their fucking house. Do I sound hostile?

Kristin said...

Whoa, whoa, WHOA- do you mean to say that Harper would have to sleep in a basement with the two of you? Seriously?
Wow, Lilly doesn't stand a chance of getting in there...