Björn and I are always trying to outdo each other with saying offensive things to each other in public. It usually starts off harmless, like this:
Björn: You feel like smoking a cigarette? (Now here's where I have to say that what he says in German is much, much funnier, but I don't know how to translate it. But it involves the verb "schmauken." And we don't smoke. Oh, the hilarity!)
Me: Dude, I'm all out. We'll have to borrow some of Harper's. You know, the Camel Shorts.
Björn: Yeah, made in India, by children for children.
We think we're hilarious. And, in moments like these, it becomes clear that it's not that he and I are made for each other. It's just that no one else could stand either of us.
4 comments:
pmsl at the 'by children, for children'.
Christ, you two are clones of me and Piotr. This is exactly the sort of hilarity that we revel in- to the disgusted eye rolls of the people surrounding us. But I'm convinced that some people just don't like laughter, actually, because we are flipping hysterical.
Maybe we're your European alter egos. It would fit; American with a non-American. We do this sort of thing to offend those around us. You too?
That is hilarious! I, too, enjoy these antics. However, my British husband is not big on me saying things in public for shock value. He also doesn't like my sarcasm, which was previously my best material! Where can I get myself the kind of European husband who will appreciate my American sensibilities? Is there some sort of Sassy American Broads Abroad club I can join?
We don't do it to offend others- not consciously, at least. Just to amuse our own little brains. The offense that we cause is just an occasional bonus.
Rachel- you need to get yourself an Eastern European. The western ones are too sophistocated for this sort of crap.
Post a Comment