Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Here I am — Rock you like a hurricane
I'll spare you the details of Harper Ophelia's heroic escape from the womb for now, but I will say that the actual birth process didn't go as I had hoped. My pelvis is apparently too small to have babies go through it, but this was realized after the c-section I had after 26 hours of labor. And all the acupuncture and red raspberry leaf tea and Diet Cokes in the world can't help you with that. But Harper made it through perfectly with an Apgar score of 10/10/10 and is already gaining weight. Oh, and she must have gotten her heavy drinking skills from me; she took to nursing right off the bat.
All is well in the world, Christmas can come, and we are endlessly grateful for the best gift ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Must be the year of the giant spuds. Almost the exact same size as Samaire, if she eats like Samaire, and it sounds like she does, expect a baby twice the size at 4 months!
Super cute. Congrats and enjoy, they are crazy good times.
Erm. Grammar bugged me.
So, what I meant to say was Merry Christmas, friends! You have the best gift ever. :)
cute and cute! great name. congrats. hope you're both getting rest.
You know, I had a feeling that you might have some trouble...I didn't want to say anything, you know, to alarm you, or invoke your wrath- but any pregnant friend that I've had who was all stomach and nothing else had a giant baby and a c-section. There, I can say it now.
Oh, and congratulations!!!!! :-D
Well, Kristin, to be honest, I wouldn't have believed you anyway. A c-section was really the last thing I was expecting, but now I know better.
Does make for an entertaining holiday story, though. I mean, for the people listening anyway.
I was a C-section! She's destined for greatness. I was butt first and kept slipping back into el utero. Your day of labor sounds really invigorating. I'm jealous. As for the 8.5 lbs not coming...um...out of you--probably a good thing? How's your belly by now? Congrats--your little bun is just perfect. And I love her name.
You were? Knowing your mom, she probably also had a different kind of birth in mind. And invigorating might not be quite the right word for it, but I did tell a midwife at one point that they should cart high schoolers into labor and delivery rooms to keep them from ever having sex.
Post a Comment