Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Songs to endure by...

I finally got around to burning two CDs yesterday with music that may or may not be listened to while I am trying to maintain my composure during birth. I am worried, though, that once I listen to some of these songs while in labor, I will never be able to hear them again without thinking of ... oh, I don't know ... my skin ripping?

A few examples: We were in Austria in June, where my nausea had not yet subsided although I was triumphantly past the 12-week mark. And that Duffy song "Mercy" was playing on the radio all the time. When I hear it now, it makes me want to kneel on her chest and rip her fake-ass eyelashes out.

We also frequented a supermarket chain here in the summer that we normally never go to, but it had five-gallon jugs of normal, non-carbonated water for dirt cheap. And that was all the fetus was letting me drink at the time. When commercials for said supermarket come on TV, the channel must be changed RIGHT NOW DAMMIT.

So, either this is normal or I have brain issues. Either way, I know that I am running the risk of hating some of my favorite songs by listening to them during delivery. I tried to choose songs that I already associate with something else, in the hopes that it will overload the wiring in my brain. And if that doesn't do it, surely the contractions will.

I couldn't find all of the songs I burned on playlist.com (like Headache by Liz Phair, which I think is fitting somehow), but here are some of them below for your listening and massive pain enjoyment.

No comments: